The appeal of resort-style living wouldn’t mean as much without the lifetime security of high-quality care. Abbey Delray South is a Life Care community in Delray Beach. When we say we’re a Life Care community, what does that mean for you?
It means reassurance and long-term peace of mind for you and your family. You’ll have access to on-site clinics, rehabilitation therapies and long-term nursing care from expert practitioners. Home care through Lifespace Personal Services is also available for select services in your independent living residence.
Life Care is a cost-managed plan that:
- Gives you priority access to our skilled nursing care and rehabilitation, if ever needed.
- Provides unmatched estate protection with options for a refundable entrance fee, safeguarding your long-term health and financial future.
- Offers substantial savings compared to the average cost of skilled nursing care.
- Makes your monthly fees predictable, even if you need additional levels of care.
- Offers potential tax benefits, as certain fees can qualify as prepaid medical expenses.
- Delivers the unwavering promise of benevolent care. If you find your financial resources diminished, through no fault of your own, you’ll always have a home at Abbey Delray South.
Want to know more about our Life Care community in Delray Beach? Use the form on this page to contact us today.
How It Works
You pay a one-time entrance fee based on the size of the residence you choose and the number of occupants. Payment of this fee entitles you to use of your residence and priority access to on-site skilled nursing care. If you access our skilled nursing care, your monthly fee changes to the health center fee, which is a predictable cost well below market rates for skilled nursing in Palm Beach County. You’ll know where you’ll receive care and how much it will cost. It’s that simple and that comprehensive.
Plus, part of your entrance fee and ongoing monthly fees may be tax-deductible, and a portion of your entrance fee will always be refundable to you or your estate. As with any financial decision, we recommend you consult your tax adviser about possible tax deductions with Life Care.
So why does choosing Abbey Delray South matter? Because Life Care gives you the confidence to live a rich life, full of new opportunities and a lot less to worry about.
Several IRS rulings have established that a portion of a Life Care community entrance fee and monthly fee is deductible as a prepaid medical expense. You’ll be wise to discuss your individual tax situation with your personal tax adviser.
If you have a long-term care insurance policy, you may be eligible to receive benefits from that policy if you need long-term skilled nursing care at Abbey Delray South. In all likelihood, your policy will work hand in hand with Life Care and pay earned benefits directly to you. Consult with your insurance carrier or agent for specific answers regarding your individual policy.
If you outlive your resources for reasons outside your control and are unable to pay your monthly fee, you won’t be forced to leave. In addition, you’ll still be entitled to priority access to our health care, and your children won’t be saddled with the financial burden. See our Residency Agreement for details.